Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Book Name: Hush, Hush

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Series: Book #1

Total Amount of Pages: 391

Genre: Romance, Fantasy (Fallen Angels)

Blurb: Romance had not been part of Nora Grey’s plan. She’d never been particularly attracted to any of the guys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those who have fallen -- and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.

Favorite Character: Patch

Comments: I loved every minute of Hush Hush. It had me confused the whole way through, trying to figure out what was going on. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I just couldn't stop reading. Becca described everything so amazingly, that I felt like I WAS Nora. Especially near the end, when I was reading in the middle of the night, I had to go pee, and I was scared that someone (not saying the name so I don’t spoil it) was going to come and kill me if I went to the bathroom.

The plot structure was amazing! I loved the series as well as the characters. I was so sad when the book ended but my sadness soon went to excitement when I realized that there was another book that is definitely worth reading!

Her character development was spectacular. Patch was definitely the best but as I had said before I felt like Nora. I was in her shoes, and everything she experienced was what was happening to me. I have barely ever felt this when I read. Feeling the same overwhelming emotions as the character had, made the book come to life for me. No book was ever able to create that sensation for me before. 

Hush, Hush is one of my favorite books of all time. It reminds me a lot of Twilight but was much better. I recommend to everyone! It was amazing!

Rating:  * * * * *


Sequel (s): Crescendo, Silence and Finale


Angels
Within Temptation


***Movie News*** 
The rights for the Hush, Hush movie have been sold to LD Entertainment! Becca Fitzpatrick will not be writing the script and the casting has not happened yet but either way, we're probably getting a movie! 
For more information: Hush, Hush movie announcement 

No comments:

Post a Comment